Usually it happens that you forgot your WordPress Admin password (wp-admin) and searching for alternate ways except emails. In some cases email functionalities are disabled, and you worry how to change your password. If you have C-Panel access then you can do it, so here is the solution on how to reset wp-admin password from phpMyAdmin.
Let’s resolve this problem step by step.
- Go to your CPanel usually (your-site.com/cpanel).
- Login to your CPanel and go to your database section.
- Click on phpMyAdmin. Select your desired Database.(if more then 1 database see last section, search your database of current WordPress).
- After selecting your desired database. Select users table (wp_users). you will see the structure of table.
- Click on browse Tab showing at the top. Then you will see list of table content.
- Select your desired usually the user ID with 1 is your admin. Click on edit. You will see something like.
- Now go to user password field in the drop down menu select MD5 and remove the old content type your password.
- You’re done your password will change.