Whenever you visit your blog from any country around the globe then blogger redirects and you will be redirect to the country specific domain according to GEO location. Another feature launched; blogger redirect to own country specific URL.
We can elaborate from above example the blogger redirect to country specific domain, which can affect your SERP. A down fall for your search ranking. We will show you how to Stop Blogger from Redirecting to Country Specific Domain in order to get proper search ranking and known by same name always.
How to Stop Blogger, Redirect to Country Specific URL
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Go to Template > Click Edit HTML.
- Click any where in your Template box and Press Ctrl + F.
- Search for <head> and after that paste the code below.
Save Template and it will stop redirecting user to country specific domain.
How Blogger Redirect Affect your Blog
- Reduction in Social Stats: You have Facebook likes, Twitter Tweets, Google +1’s. But they are from xyz.blogspot.com and user access it from xyz.blogspot.co.nz so it will minus .com stats and so on.
- External Commenting System Problems: If you’re using external commenting system then it will create problems. Because URL is set on .com and specific domain has it’s own create conflict where to comment.
- Problem with Adsense Program: Some users complained about earning problem due to blogger redirect to country specific URL. Not a big deal google will handle this.
- Back Links Problem: People give credits by copy and pasting the URL. They don’t care to change .co.nz to .com in the URL.