To send email via applications and SMTP scripts, Google provide you SMTP settings. By using Gmail Smtp server you can send email via PHP-Mailer-Class, Outlook or any other email software program.
What is SMTP?
SMTP means Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. All email clients uses the SMTP protocol but everyone has different protocols and settings. Necessary settings for Gmail SMTP are listed below.
Gmail SMTP Setting:
- Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Gmail’s Default POP3 and IMAP Settings
Downloading/receiving mail is done through either POP3 or IMAP servers. You can enable that type of access through Gmail’s settings, in the Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP screen.