In windows XP we were allow to write files without permissions, but Windows change it’s policy and introduce User Account Control Policy. Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista all uses the same policy User Account Control (UAC). To Edit your Host file you need to open your notepad with administrator permissions.
Edit Host File in Windows 10 & Windows 8
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or press Star Menu button.
- Search for Notepad or just type Notepad. Do not press enter.
- When you see the notepad, right-click Notepad and select Run as administrator.
- Now go to File and Press Open.
- Click on C Drive. Go to Windows. Go to System 32. Go to Drivers Folder. Go to etc Folder and last hosts.
Your path will be
open the following file: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
- Make the necessary changes to the file.
- Click File > Save to save your changes.
That way you can make changes to host file and block any website or any address you won’t give access to your user accounts.