Mailing lists in cPanel allow hosting owner to send numerous emails to multiple subscribers in one click. For the purpose of sending newsletter emails of blogs or new updates from the website to the group of people. Some of the hosting provide limitations to about 200 emails per click. If you have hundreds of subscribers send notifications about website using mailing lists in cPanel.
Creating Mailing Lists in cPanel
cPanel allows you to create mailing lists in several clicks:
1. Log into your cPanel, scroll down and go to Mail portion and tap on Mailing Lists:
After Clicking Mailing Lists In the next window:
- Fill List Name with an appropriate name no space or special characters.
- Select desired domain name from list.
- Choose a strong password
- Select second one so you can stop spam make it private.
public – subscriptions are open
private – the administrator must approve subscriptions
Add new Mailing List
Once done, you will see a message about the successful mailing list creation.
Managing mailing lists
All the mailing lists you’ve created can be found in the Current Lists section:
- List Name – whatever you kept before.
- Usage – list uses how much space in your hosting.
- Access – status either it’s private or public.
- Administrator – mailing list administrators
- Functions – administrative functions for the mailing list:
Delete – the mailing list will be removed
Change Password – Change your password by filling old one.
Manage – redirects to the mailing list management dashboard
Some of the hosting limited their outgoing emails to prevent spam for shared hosting. Some of the limitation are listed below.
- Value, Professional, Reseller plans – no more than 200 emails per hour per domain
- Ultimate plan – no more that 500 emails per hour per domain
- Business SSD plan- no more than 1000 emails per hour per domain.