Attempt to start Apache server? and an error appear. “Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly due to Blocked Port“. But your MySQL service working fine. Block port error occurs due to programs e.g. firewall, antivirus, game take port space.
[Apache] Status change detected: running. [Apache] Status change detected: stopped. [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly. [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies. [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method. [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check. [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues. [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this. [Apache] entire log window on the forums.
Apache shutdown Unexpectedly solution:
Problems with port in Apache looking for solution. Solutions listed below may interact in stopping Apache.
- May your Skype is running? read below solution for only Skype.
- You may install software’s like MAMP, WAMP, AMPPS.
- Visual Studio Server usually installed by Visual Studio for Web.
- Programs may reserve port 80 or 8080 (visual studio server).
- Firewalls, to prevent attacks of malicious software occupy ports as well.
- Anti-virus software, by default they block port 80 for security reasons.
Perfectly pointing the issues of individual is difficult. Their settings and installation of programs and firewall.
We can help in figuring out how to solve Apache issue.
Skype – Port 80 Block Apache:
Issues created by Skype, in enabling Apache. Quit the Skype and start Apache. Read the future complete solution you will love.
- Open your Skype and Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection.
- Disable the “Use port 80 and 443 for alternatives for incoming connections” setting.
- Sign Out and close all Skype windows.
- Start Apache and it should work now. For Windows 8 read note below.
Windows 8: You need to kill skype.exe process. Open task manager & “kill skype.exe”.
Solutions to Start Apache Correctly.
- Open your task manager > Go to services Tab > lookup the PID column. May any service recruit 80 or 8080 port. End the process by right clicking on it.
- By disabling your Antivirus program or Firewall program temporarily. Attempt to start again.
- Try to find culprit program by 1st point. Change configuration to allow XAMPP to have port 80.
- Port 8080 is a common alternative.
Read out other solutions: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11294812/how-to-change-xampp-apache-server-port