Blogger by Google introduce a new feature called Meta Description Tag for Blogger Homepage and for every posts. Which is related to your Search Result for Google. Where you can add custom meta or post description which will be seen by SERP. As usual everybody know about how meta description plays important role for your webpage. Meta descriptions allows every search engine to read a short description what you described on your post or page. We appreciate Google Team for this wonderful feature and it’s interesting that we can add custom meta description for every single page and post without editing HTML. For this purpose we have to enable some of the option to integrate it in our blog.
Enable Meta Description Tag in Blogger Home Page
- Login to your Blogger Dashboard and Click Settings.
- There is a link called Search Preference.
- In the right side you will see Meta Tags See in the line of Description Click Edit.
- After Click on Edit. Select Yes and Write some Description of 150 Character.
The above 4 Steps Described clearly how to enable Meta Description tag for Home Page of your blog. As well as enable it to yes will also enable the dynamic meta description for your bloggers each posts.
How to Write Meta Description Tag in Blog Posts
When you enable the meta description for homepage and then while writing posts you will see an extra option in your posts sidebar. Where you can write your own custom meta description for better search results. Use accurate and to the point description.
Same like above you can add your own Separate Meta Description tags for every single post. But if no Description showing in your View Source page then you need to add 1 line of code to your template.
- Go to your Dashboard and on the Left hand side see Template.
- Click on Template and choose Edit HTML.
- Search for <head> tag and Just after that add this line.
<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>
- This will load default Blogger Meta Tags.